Why I am running for Nevada Assembly District 26.
Having lived in BEAUTIFUL Northern Nevada, in Assembly District 26 for over 24 years, I am moved to run for this seat in the November 2018 election for so many reasons. Mostly, it’s because I see the potential for this great state to thrive and grow sustainably while providing safe, healthy and prosperous communities for our residents.
I believe that the State of Nevada is on the verge of becoming the next High Tech & Manufacturing Center destination for all businesses.
With so many benefits such as:
- Vast amounts of affordable land
- Solar, Wind & Geothermal power
- NO State Income Tax
- Convention centers & tourist destinations in Vegas & Reno
- And the crown jewel Lake Tahoe, with 11 ski destinations and unlimited hiking and mountain biking
Nevada is poised to be one of the most thriving, financially successful States in the Southwest. We need to attract more businesses like Tesla here.
However, unless we can change the following unacceptable issues – businesses will hesitate to move here.
- Our schools are rated #50 in the country
- We are ranked #4 in the country, for homicide victims of domestic violence
- Although we FINALLY passed Equal Pay for Women – My female opponent voted NO on this historic legislation.
- My opponent voted YES – to allow convicted criminals of domestic violence, to legally own guns.
As a Board Member for Tahoe Safe Alliance, an organization dedicated to ending domestic and sexual violence in our communities, I see a real need for laws to change to end abuse for our residents, especially our children.
I am available to meet with you and discuss your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me via email or a phone call. Let’s make our Magnificent State….even better! Thank you for your support.
Donate to our campaign here.